Monday, October 15, 2012

Mommy Moment Monday: Goodnight Moon

I'm sure any parent reading this has heard of the children's bedtime book Goodnight Moon, and has probably read it themselves.  I know I've read it many times!
 
My son received his copy of Goodnight Moon as a Christmas present from his Aunt and Uncle and has loved it ever since!  Before my daughter was born we used to read it every single night, and one of our favorite things to do was to look for the little mouse on each page.  He's in every picture of the room the story takes place in, but he moves around from place to place. 
 
Now my daughter likes the book too, and tonight we looked through it about 20 times (not an exaggeration!) looking for the mouse.  She would furrow her brow and repeat "bouse? bouse?" until she found him, and then would giggle each and every time he was discovered.  It was so precious!
 
Then my son grabbed the book and said, "Here, let me read it to you."  And read it he did!  My sweet boy had most of the pages memorized and proceeded to "read" it to his sister.  They sat together on my bed reading and looking for the mouse together, and they made me so proud!
 
There are many evenings when I'm exhausted and frazzled and even look forward to putting the kids to bed, although I hate to admit it.  Tonight I wish it could've lasted forever.  I could've listened to Goodnight Moon a thousand times.  My kids bring so much joy to my heart and tonight was a tiny, simple moment in time I'll remember always.
 
 
"See, children are a gift from the Lord.  The children born to us are our special reward."
(Psalm 127:3)


No comments:

Post a Comment