Monday, October 29, 2012

Mommy Moment Monday: My Pride & Joy

My kids-
 
My pride and joy-
 
Aren't they too cute?!
 
Some days I just feel so overwhelmingly blessed and extremely honored to have them in my life!
 
So I just want to share a few things that happened this past week that filled my heart with pride and joy.
 
 
 
My birthday was last week, and my son couldn't understand why there wasn't going to be a party.  I finally conviced him there wasn't going to be one by saying that I'm the one who plans the birthday parties in our family, but I didn't plan one for myself and no one else had planned one for me either.
 
My sweet boy told me he'd plan a party for me - a brownie party - because he knows I like brownies.  He knew we already had a cake, so he said he'd decorate the house with brownie decorations.  He was so precious to want to plan a party for me!
 
Earlier that day he asked what I wanted for my birthday.  When I told him I'd like to go shopping, he told me in a very matter-of-factly way that I couldn't have clothes for my birthday.  Then he sat and thought for a minute, and proceeded to tell me he'd get me a stuffed animal to sleep with because I didn't already have one so I needed one.  He was so sweet to put so much thought into it!
 
And to top it off, before we'd even eaten breakfast that morning he told me out of the blue that I was a nice and fun mommy and that he loved me.
 
I love my son's kind heart!  It's one of the things I love most about him, and I pray it never changes!
 
 
 
And my little girl...  She brings me so much pride and joy too!  I'm a pretty plain, consistent, play-it-safe kind of girl.  My daughter, on the other hand, is full of surprises, and I love this about her!
 
I know it's the nature of a child her age, but she's always doing or saying something new, and she's kind of unpredictable.  She's still so young, but I think she's going to keep us on our toes for years to come...in a good way!
 
Tonight at her gymnastics class she spent the first 25 out of 30 minutes trying her hardest to do nothing she was supposed to do.  But just as I was thinking I may not keep her in gymnastics anymore, she decided to be great.
 
It was her turn to do the balance beam.  Normally she holds my hand, and sometimes her teacher's hand as well, while she balances her way across.  Tonight she defiantly pushed our hands away, threw her arms up into a perfect gymnast pose, and walked the beam like she'd been doing it for years.  She was so adorable!
 
Here she is:
The picture's a little blurry - it's from my phone - but I still love it!
(And we were being festive with the skeleton jammies since Halloween is this week!)
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed reading about my little ones for a few minutes - I think I could write a book about how wonderful they are!  But it's late, and my Mommy Moment Monday is about to be a Tuesday, so I'm off to bed, feeling SO grateful for my pride and joy!

1 comment: