Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weekly Challenge Update

For those of you who didn't read my challenge post last week (read it here), I accepted and started 2 online challenges.  The first one is called Revive Your Marriage, and the second is called Living and Active.  You can learn more about both challenges by clicking on their respective buttons below:
 
 
 
 
Challenge #1.  So is my marriage revived yet?  NO!  But I was very intentional this past week about praying for my husband.  It was hard for me to remember the week's specific challenge to use my wedding ring as a reminder to pray for my husband.  I thought it was a great idea, but I don't think any of the times I prayed had anything to do with my ring.  Oh well, the important thing is that I prayed!  And each time I prayed I felt a little more comfortable and had a little more to say, but I still haven't told my husband I'm praying for him.
 
Over the last 7 days I have prayed for my husband's health, his job, his wife (that's me!), and I've thanked God for so many things about my husband - the things I love, as well as the things I don't.  Even though my husband doesn't even know I'm praying for him, I feel a little closer to him than I did just one week ago.  I believe it's because I've put more of my focus on him, when for the last 4 years it's been entirely on my children.
 
I don't know if any of my prayers for my husband have specifically been answered yet, but I have seen a marked difference in my husband already!  I can see that my praying for my husband has benefited him, but I was surprised to find it has benefited me as well.  Prayer is obviously making a difference in our marriage and it's only been one week - I can't wait to see where we go (and grow) from here!
 
This week's challenge is to take a trip down memory lane - to remember how we met, all the things that first attracted us to each other, and feeling head-over-heels in love!  Perfect timing, because this is exactly the time of year my husband and I met and started dating...although it seems like it's been ages since then!

 
Challenge #2.  So am I Living and Active yet?  No!  But I exercised today for the first time in probably a year, and I've practiced much healther eating habits since I accepted the challenge last week.  (Until I made some awesome homemade brownies earlier this week!)  I got up early this morning in order to exercise before my kids woke up.  For those of you who know me personally, I do NOT like to get up early!  I pushed the snooze button a few time, but finally rolled myself out of bed and started exercising. 

I followed Workout 2 from the guided routine offered by Clare, the woman who is leading this challenge.  (If you are interested in joining this challenge, know that you can choose your own exercise regimen if you'd like, but the guided routine worked well for someone like me who's not used to exercising at all!)  Workout 2 consists of 25-35 minutes of cardio, the The Muffin-Top Makeover routine, and the "J.Lo" #1 workout video.  I did all of it - and I didn't feel like I was going to die!  Actually, I really enjoyed it, and felt great afterwards!

The key verse that corrisponds with this week of the challange is Ecclesiastes 4:12 - "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

No comments:

Post a Comment